At Hoogenraad & Van Loon, we respect your privacy and do everything we can to protect it. This statement explains how we handle your personal data, and process it in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), also known as the Dutch AVG.
How we process your data
We process your personal data to:
Using the website
- Handle requests for contact made through our website;
- Advise and mediate in insurance, mortgages, savings accounts, etc.;
- Communicate with businesses we work with;
- Prevent financial fraud (including money laundering and identity fraud);
- Meet our different legal obligations.
At Hoogenraad & Van Loon, we have implemented technical and procedural measures to secure your visit to the website, protect you while you use it and prevent misuse of your data. Everyone who accesses your personal data on behalf of Hoogenraad & Van Loon is obliged to treat it confidentially.
Contact form and newsletter
We publish a newsletter to inform interested parties about our services and relevant changes in the field of insurance, mortgages and savings. If you become our customer, your e-mail address will automatically be added to the list of subscribers. You can also subscribe to our newsletter without being a customer of our company. Every newsletter contains a link to unsubscribe, if you wish.
If you fill in the contact form on our website or send us an e-mail, the data you send us will be kept for as long as required in order to fully handle or process the content of your form or e-mail.
Provision to third parties
Your data will only be provided to insurers if you inform us that you wish to conclude an agreement for a financial product. If this is the case, the only data provided to these third parties is the data strictly necessary to provide the financial product. If necessary, we pass on your personal data to relevant organisations in order to deliver a financial product. For example, if you want to claim for damage under an insurance policy, it is possible that a loss adjuster will visit you or that we will ask a company that repairs damage to contact you.
Our website includes social media buttons. The administrators of these services can collect your personal data if you click on them. If you do click on these buttons, you are responsible for this choice, and for sharing your personal data with the administrators of these services. Since we cannot influence this process, we cannot be held liable.
Third Party Websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a confidential or secure manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using any of them.
You always have the right to determine the data that you do (or do not) share with us. You also have other rights, summed up below.
Amendments to this privacy statement
- You can always ask us for an overview of the personal data we have about you. We will provide you with this overview free of charge.
- If you believe that we have incorrectly processed certain information about you in our administrative processes, you can ask for a correction. We welcome this, in fact, because we can only do our job properly if the data we use on your behalf is correct.
- If you no longer want us to have certain data registered in our system, you can ask us to delete this data. In this case, we will of course comply with your request, although we are also obliged to take into account any legitimate interests for our company that would be a reason not to delete your data.
- We have described above how we use the data you provide. If at any time you want to limit our use of this data, for example to forbid us from passing certain data to a certain organisation, you can let us know. We will, of course, comply with your request.
- If you wish, you can ask us to transfer your data to a third party such as your accountant, lawyer or bank. After receiving your request, we will carry it out as soon as possible.
- If we receive personal information about you from third parties, such as your insurer, accountant, bank or other financial advisers, we will inform you about the source of this information.
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. We advise you to check our privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
These cookies are used to improve our website function and to analyse how it is used. Where we ask for your details on our website, we do this in order to properly answer a question or because you are registering for a specific product or service. We only use this information internally and it is not shared with third parties. This data includes:
• the browser you are using (such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox);
• the time and duration of your visit;
• any error messages you as a visitor have received.